Welcome to BAOIA
The British Association of Indian Anaesthetists aims to improve communication and networking amongst the Anaesthetists of Indian origin in UK.
Our main objectives are:
- Meet once a year for academic, social and cultural events
- Provide an opportunity and a platform for the Anaesthetists of Indian origin to present and share their areas of expertise.
- Recognise, appreciate and acknowledge the significant contributions made to the profession, by Indian Anaesthetists in UK
- Encourage research amongst members of the society
- Acting in an advisory / mentoring capacity for the trainees and Middle grades and also offering guidance regarding FRCA.
- Have a duty to the country in which we live and simultaneously to the country of our origin
- Helping district hospitals in India by distributing books, journals, and equipments and by also organising ALS/ATLS and other workshops
The Anaesthetist, Facebook group
Dr. Shiv Kumar Singh, moderates academic discussion in the linked Facebook group. Feel free to join and learn. Working towards getting accredited cpd.
This group was created as a platform for Anaesthetist/ Anaesthesiologists from world over to discuss topics related to anaesthesia, intensive care and pain medicine.
Please answer the questions asked about your speciality, your degrees and whether you are from allied speciality. If you don't answer the questions, your request can't be approved.